Friday, January 6, 2012

Three Wise Men “Season Greetings” @ FIX University

Fernando IX University
Locations of visitors to this page

The epiphany moment

The 'epiphany moment' is one of my favourite phrases. It is relates to Christmas in so far as we celebrate the feast of Epiphany on January 6th - the 12th day of Christmas - when the Magi visited the baby Jesus and realised the enormity of what had taken place. Yet the word epiphany has taken on a wider meaning; it now tends to mean that one suddenly finds a new and profound understanding of something or other. Psychologists question the entire concept of dramatic 'new' realisations. I suppose the story of Isaac Newton with that apple falling on his head which apparently led to the discovery of gravity is the perfect example of an epiphany moment. I only write this as when out cycling on Tuesday I was asked when my epiphany moment had taken place regarding my weight loss. I didn't have an answer, but it did prompt me to examine the meaning of the question.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive